Back to Top
Statistics for your area
To view statistics for your local area please enter your full postcode e.g. BT9 5RR.
NI Multiple Deprivation Measure 2017
The updated Northern Ireland Multiple Deprivation Measures were published on 23 November 2017. The measures, known as NIMDM 2017, were informed through public consultation and provide a mechanism for ranking the 890 Super Output Areas (SOAs) in Northern Ireland from the most deprived (rank 1) to the least deprived (rank 890).
Public dissemination events have been confirmed for the following dates:
- Derry / Londonderry- Friday 2nd February (morning)
- Strabane - Friday 2nd February (afternoon)
- Newtownards - Thursday 8th February (morning)
- Belfast - Wednesday 21st February (morning)
- Craigavon - Wednesday 28th February (morning)
- Coleraine - Wednesday 7th March (afternoon)
Further events are currently being organised in association with Local Councils. Events include a 45 minute presentation of the findings and a demonstration of resources, as well as provide an opportunity for questions.
New Census commissioned tables have been added to the NINIS website. These are produced in response to user requests.
You can access all Census 2011 Interactive Maps by selecting the Census 2011 theme under the Interactive Content drop-down menu.
Data and Interactive Maps
Updated datasets include:
- Population Projections (5 year age bands)
- Persons in Contact with Health and Social Care Trusts (administrative geographies)
- Quarterly Employment Survey Employee Jobs by Industry Level, Gender and Working Pattern
- Economic Activity and Qualifications (administrative geographies)
- Annual Business Inquiry Estimates (administrative geographies)
- Northern Ireland Composite Economic Index (NICEI)
- Road Lengths (administrative geographies)
Interactive Maps include:
- Planning Applications and Decisions Granted
- Single Wind Turbines Applications and Decisions
- Solar Farm Applications and Decisions
- Wind Farm Applications and Decisions
The next NINIS Workshop will take place in Colby House, Stranmillis, on Wednesday 31st January from 2pm - 4pm. This workshop is currently fully subscribed, however there is another workshop with places available on the morning of Wednenesday 28th February. If you wish to attend please register your interest on the NINIS Website.
You can also contact the NINIS Customer Service Team via email.
During 2017 the NINIS website was mostly accessed using the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer (42% of Sessions)
- Chrome (37% of Sessions)
- Safari (10% of Sessions)
- Edge (5.5% of Sessions)
- Firefox (4% of Sessions)
During the year the site was visited from more than 120 different countries, including Madagascar, Taiwan, Venezuela and Nepal. However almost 50% of visitors were from the UK.
The 80 countries contributing the most visitors are shown below. Entry number 5, 'not set', indicates a determination of the country of origin could not be made. Also for demographic purposes regions are displayed for a few locations.